01 May 2008

Visit a Sick and Needy Brother Today...

Saturday I visited a Brother in an Assisted Living Facility. I went with Brother Cook and we visited briefly with Brother Blaine Simons PGM. He was GM when I was born in 1969 and he is 97 years old. He recently suffered a stroke. He was asleep when we got there and was in good spirits when he awoke but gosh, I just don't know. Memories flooded back. After visiting my Grand Mother about a year ago January she was just as smart and prophetic and sharp as she always was but she was sad a bit. She said inside her head she feels like a teenager but her body just won't do what it used to. When I looked around the house and saw the walker and the canes and the orthopedics for her shoes and the contraption over the toilet I felt sad. I remember Nana as the one who ran with us as kids and rode the roller coaster and swam in the ocean. Do we not visit a sick and lonely Brother cause we just don't? Are we afraid of what comes for us? It was nice to see Brother Blaine but the memories came back from my visit with Nana.

Guys no matter what we need to visit. I know I'm guilty of not following through with this.

Like Nana said, "Getting old ain't fun".

That's all.

JL

No comments: