22 February 2010

George Washington's birthday...

Today is George Washington's birthday. He our first President the rock that held against the storm in the American Revolution. The Man the Freemason. Today I had the opportunity to attend the George Washington Masonic Memorial annual meeting as part of the Conference of Grand Masters of North America. Today it really hit me. I am priveledged to have been elected by my Brethren as Deputy Grand Master and represent my Grand Lodge in DC at this conference. I was able to speak, make friends, break bread and celebrate Freemasonry. Today was my first visit to the Memorial and it is awesome. Today more so than ever I realize the honor I feel to represent Utah. Today was truly humbling and I wish I had the words to share it with my Utah Brethren. Today Brethren, today..Freemasonry more so than ever has been reafirmed in my mind as something great that brings men of different faiths, ethnicity and country together under one Brotherhood. All I can say is Wow.. I uploaded some of my photos from my iPhone to my Facebook page please take a look at some of the great things inside not to mention the gavel and trowel used by George Washington in dedicating the nations Capitol. Also I posed with my friend and Brother the Author Chris Hodapp.

That's all for now.

JL DGM

PS I do know and recognize I wrote a post call "George Washington is dead, deal with it"....

No comments: