17 September 2009

My Thoughts on Lost Symbol "WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS"...

The book is a fun read. It's not some intellectual masterpiece. It's a story. The book reads like a screen play. You can see Tom Hanks in your head running from place to place with his familiar facial expressions.

I have to say though strangely the ending came early. Even my friend Chris Hodapp mentioned on his blog about how it comes 35 pages before the end of the book. I do have to say though that the themes of Freemasonry and what it stands for and the thoughts, desires and ideas of our Founding Fathers that Mr. Brown weaves together are really quite good. It's in the very end of the book, and it's like the Character Robert Langdon's moment where there is this flash of light when you get knocked off your horse so to speak and you go "wow" or "huh, why didn't I think of that?"

I'm talking about the conversations in the Epilogue inside the Rotunda.

I had no idea there words inscribed on top of the Washington Monument BTW and I had no idea these were words right out of our 30th Degree. That was neat.

The Lost Symbol as told by Dan Brown leads me to believe that there is something in the fact that Washington was purpose built. Masonry resonates throughout the city. I haven't been since the Supreme Councils Joint Sessions in August of 2007 but I need to go back and look more closely. I need to look through and not at. I need to turn on my minds eye the one that opens up when one is hoodwinked in Masonic Ritual. If my senses are opened I ought better see. I'm not talking about flying or time travel or anything like that but being "in" what I'm in. Funny that Dan Brown's book had to tell me that. Well Freemasonry is a learning experience isn't it. A life long learning experience.

The bad guy the angel of death as he styles himself in one of his disguises is one bad messed up dude. Really bad. Nice job on that one.

I'm excited for the House of the Temple although they are going to have people crawling all over the altar looking for dried blood and shards of glass. If they start charging for tours which they should cause they are going to need the staff they may well be able to renovate that ole beauty just as Rosslyn Chapel has enjoyed its share in the Dan Brown effect.

I'm excited as we should all be. Masonry was portrayed very well in fact when the thought of Masonic Exposes getting out to the public and those exposes being seen entirely out of context and the negative reaction that could come out had to be protected by our hero Langdon, I smiled. Wow we're the good guys. Finally.

Just think the "Freemasons Keepers of the Republic".. and no you can't use that it's mine.. LOL

Well I have to go to work. I will post more as my thoughts congeal.

That all, for now...

S&F,

JL PM

No comments: